When toddlers and play explore with blocks they are learning to experiment and pretend. At exactly the exact same time, their abilities develop through construction, balancing and the moving of blocks. Believe it or not, toddlers understand math concepts and problem solving skills. When they perform in a group they are also developing social tools since they work and share with kids to create buildings and towers from cubes. As you will notice that as he tries to move them to another, he will pick up, drop, pack round and place blocks into bags, boxes and baskets. To parents, block play might not look like a toddler learning activity, when block play is a really important feature of toddler learning. Through block action, toddlers learn about colors, shapes, sizes and weights. They notice the sorts of noises as a block tower crashes to the ground, which blocks make. Young toddlers will collect and carry their cubes whereas lay out their cubes in designs on the ground or an older toddler will start to build towers.
Do you add to your toddler’s block play to promote learning? Introduce props that are simple. Block props can be kept by you in bins that your toddler can get to them. Some ideas for the Kinds of props are: small people doll house size furniture trees and small animals, posters of traffic signs, and buildings, buildings, boats. Ideas for encouraging your toddler’s block play:
- After your toddler has assembled a block tower count the amount of blocks he has used.
- Show your toddler the gap by helping him constructs and use size blocks in block sizes towers side by side.
- Encourage sharing and cooperative by building a lepin blocks Let your toddler start building with the first block and then you place the following block on top. Talk about if your tower ought to be small or big, big or small and forth.
- Provide an assortment of Allow your toddler sort and pick the blocks and Cubes on your block box they would like to play with.
- Using flat Boards, have your toddler build ramps for trucks and cars to drive down and up.
- Bring your toddler’s Dolls and toy animals in their block play and invite your child.
- Buy different Colored make and tape streets on the ground for your child drive their vehicles and to construct block buildings.
Get down on the floor and play with your toddler. By taking time to speak with him Expand your child’s learning. They may be important learning tools for the toddler growth although blocks may look like toys that are basic.